Friday, January 15, 2010

Artist ADD

Someone (Martha Lever) asked on her blog if you ever get "artist ADD".....I am raising my hand here!!! I suffer from it often...lol.....I would love to commit to sitting down and doing "art" everyday and posting what I do on this blog....Do I dare commit to this?....Maybe I should just commit to 5 days a week and see how long I can make that last...Most time I work better when I have a goal to meet......My problem is I love to draw, paint, collage and stamp....and polymer clay is another passion......Oh, dare I forget bookbinding and journal making.....See, already I am overwhelmed!!!!! This is where the "artist ADD" comes in.....Starting this coming Monday I will post something "artsy" 5 times a week.....now it "might not" be completed work, but something I am working on.......there I did it!!!!

2 comments:

studio pashnada said...

I have AADD too! That's one of the problems with being a mixed-media artist (another is that you have to own EVERY art supply on the planet). AADD also seems to occur more the older I get. AACK!

I like your journal pages and look forward to seeing more of your work as you try to post more.

Of course, be forewarned, posting more just leads to more AADD!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,
I think we all get it.
I found you on Marthas blog..
I had to laugh at what you wrote here..

I really enjoy your art.. and journals pages ..
Come visit me too. I love polymer clay too.. as you will see..
Hugs, Darlene xo