Friday, January 15, 2010

Artist ADD

Someone (Martha Lever) asked on her blog if you ever get "artist ADD".....I am raising my hand here!!! I suffer from it often...lol.....I would love to commit to sitting down and doing "art" everyday and posting what I do on this blog....Do I dare commit to this?....Maybe I should just commit to 5 days a week and see how long I can make that last...Most time I work better when I have a goal to meet......My problem is I love to draw, paint, collage and stamp....and polymer clay is another passion......Oh, dare I forget bookbinding and journal making.....See, already I am overwhelmed!!!!! This is where the "artist ADD" comes in.....Starting this coming Monday I will post something "artsy" 5 times a week.....now it "might not" be completed work, but something I am working on.......there I did it!!!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I have AADD too! That's one of the problems with being a mixed-media artist (another is that you have to own EVERY art supply on the planet). AADD also seems to occur more the older I get. AACK!

I like your journal pages and look forward to seeing more of your work as you try to post more.

Of course, be forewarned, posting more just leads to more AADD!!!

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Janie,
I think we all get it.
I found you on Marthas blog..
I had to laugh at what you wrote here..

I really enjoy your art.. and journals pages ..
Come visit me too. I love polymer clay too.. as you will see..
Hugs, Darlene xo