Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Messy Swipes




I am posting 2 more pieces of fabric with "not so" messy swipes....In Alisa Burkes "Graffiti Chic" class she says to be messy but it seems like my messy swipes turnout too "controlled"........I have not added any words or lettering but I do intend to do that........and that is where Martha Lever's "Calligra-fun" class will come in handy.......

It is a beautiful day here in the mountains. Almost too warm....I should be out gardening but I am taking care of a 3month old, Piper Jane, until my daughter gets home from work.....Hard to believe that she is 3months old already.....

9 comments:

aimee said...

such colorful pieces! i bet it will look really fun with the lettering on top!

Martha Lever said...

Hi Janie! Your messy swipes are great!!! Alisa says not to fall in love with your first layers but yours are so good that you might have a hard time going on! And yes, the Calligra-Fun is great over messy swipes!!!

Marina said...

Hey Janie!
These are beautiful! I especially like the first colorful one.
Looks like you've been having fun up in your mountain :-)xxx

Unknown said...

Messy is so fun! So freeing and layers are always so yummy.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have no idea how I found your blog, but I am delighted that I have. You make beautiful art, even the messy art.

I'm so impressed by your hand made books, your stunning polymer clay, and your painted backgrounds. I feature a blog a day on my blog and I know that many of my readers are going to love, love your blog. You are quite an inspiration. That is why I will be featuring your blog tomorrow (May 30) as my blog choice of the day. Have a wonderful holiday, too.

Martha Lever said...

Thanks for you comment today! I think that my copic sprayer is my most favorite tool that I have. I think you would really enjoy having one but they are quite expensive. That's the bad part!

Lori Saul said...

Wow- I loved my first tour of your beautiful mixed media work- so inspiring in many different art venues- I look forward to visiting again!

~*~Patty said...

Visiting you from Elizabeth (and Bleubeard) ... your artwork is wonderful!

Laura K. Aiken said...

Hi Janie
Great pieces you have there. We are in several groups together. Do you have an email address? I have looked everywhere! Thank you for being a follower on my blog too.
Laura.